Segnali Operativi su Azioni Italia, Azioni USA, Futures e Forex

McDonald’s Q3 2016 earnings per share increased 7%

McDonald’s announced results for the Q3 2016 and 6% increase in its dividend beginning in the fourth quarter.

McDonald'sMcDonald’s Third Quarter 2016 Highlights:

Global comparable sales increased 3.5%, reflecting positive comparable sales in all segments. Due to the impact of refranchising, consolidated revenues decreased 3% (1% in constant currencies).

Consolidated operating income increased 5% (7% in constant currencies), which included $128 million of previously announced strategic charges, consisting of restructuring and non-cash impairment charges related to the Company’s global G&A and refranchising initiatives.

Diluted earnings per share of $1.50 increased 7% (9% in constant currencies), which included strategic charges totaling $0.12 per share. Excluding the impact of these charges, diluted earnings per share increased 16% (17% in constant currencies).

Returned $3.4 billion to shareholders through share repurchases and dividends. This brings the cumulative return to shareholders to $27.8 billion against the Company targeted return of about $30 billion for the three-year period ending 2016. In addition, McDonald’s announced a 6% increase in its dividend beginning in the fourth quarter.

Amidst continued industry softness, third quarter comparable sales increased 1.3% in the U.S. supported by All Day Breakfast, everyday value under the McPick 2 platform and the introduction of Chicken McNuggets with no artificial preservatives. U.S. operating income for the quarter rose 8%, reflecting improved restaurant profitability and higher gains from refranchising. McDonald’s U.S. begins the fourth quarter with an expanded All Day Breakfast menu and continued emphasis on food quality and the customer experience.

Comparable sales for the International Lead segment increased 3.3% for the quarter, reflecting strong sales in the U.K. and positive results in Australia, Canada and Germany. Third quarter operating income for the segment increased 2% (5% in constant currencies) fueled by sales-driven improvements in franchised margin dollars across most markets.

Third quarter comparable sales increased 1.5% in the High Growth segment as positive performance in nearly all markets was partially offset by negative comparable sales in China due in part to temporary protests related to events surrounding the South China Sea and comparison against very strong prior year results. The segment’s operating income rose 8% (10% in constant currencies) driven by improved restaurant profitability in China, which benefited from recent VAT reform.

Third quarter comparable sales rose 10.1% in the Foundational markets led by strong performance in Japan as well as solid results in each of the segment’s geographic regions. For the segment, which includes Corporate G&A and other costs, operating income for the quarter declined as Japan’s contribution to the segment’s bottom-line profitability was more than offset by the impact of strategic charges associated with the Company’s global G&A and refranchising initiatives.

We are putting the customer at the center of everything we do and are directing our resources towards those innovations and investments that will strengthen our ability to deliver a better McDonald’s experience over time. Our customers, system, and shareholders are best served when we direct our focus and energy towards executing against these critical customer expectations. Looking ahead, we are focused on growing global comparable sales and serving more customers while being mindful of the near-term challenges in several markets. We remain committed to driving long-term, profitable results while pursuing our goal of being recognized by our customers as a modern, progressive burger company” said Steve Easterbrook, McDonald’s President and Chief Executive Officer.


Segnali operativi sia al rialzo (Long) che al ribasso (Short) su azioni italiane ed americane, futures e forex


Analisi Tecnica

Intesa Sanpaolo: prende corpo ipotesi rialzista

Intesa Sanpaolo: prende corpo ipotesi rialzista

Il superamento di area 2.2080 lascia spazio all’ipotesi di continuazione dell’ascesa per Intesa Sanpaolo in direzione…

Edit Template

Copyright © 2006-2022. Tutti i diritti riservati. Powered by Royal Web Design.